Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Homemade Candied Fruit Peel

"Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it." - Goethe

It's been several months since my last post. Since then, I've moved across the country, had a lot of personal upheaval, and am finally in a frame of mind that allows for blogging on fun domestic things. I've still been knitting (the only way to keep sane in the midst of said-upheaval), and an update on that will be coming soon.

With Christmas just around the corner, I've decided to try a few new recipes this season, which will also make their way onto the blog. One of them involves candied fruit peel, which I was unable to find at my local market. So, time to whip some up myself.

The recipe I followed can be found at recipe.com.

First, I soaked the peel overnight in cold water:



Then I boiled it, let it stand, and drained it a total of four times...




...then sliced it...




...and candied it...




...and finally sugar-coated it:




 An intensive yet rewarding process.

More Christmas tastiness to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment