Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Houndstooth Dog Sweater from Vogue Knitting

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet." - Edith Wharton

I have two Bichon Frise dogs, and they make every day just a little fuzzier and happier. I've knitted coats for both of them, but for the older male dog, who's my special walking buddy (he's 11 years old this year, and will easily go 2+ miles a day with me), I decided to make a special, snazzy little coat for walking in cold weather.


Yes, my dog modeled this for me. He's a very patient pooch :-)

To get the pattern, create an account at the Vogue Knitting website. Log in, and go to the Free Patterns section. Scroll until you find the Houndstooth Dog Sweater pattern, and download. Be sure to measure your dog's neck and the length from the neck to the tail along the spine, adjusting the gauge/measurements of your knitting to fit.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment